British American Tobacco Case Study
Client: British American Tobacco
Workforce: 55,000 employees
Industry: Consumer goods
The project: Two-year HR Transformation across 146 markets rolled out in 8 phases (SuccessFactors and HR Shared Service implementation)
LACE Partners formed part of the Global Change Management workstream for the project. Our key role involved operating on behalf of the client programme team to bridge the transition and knowledge transfer from a large implementation partner who had been supporting the work to primarily client led activity. Throughout this transition, LACE held key positions including Global Communications Lead and specialist training support for global Reward processes (Annual Salary Review and Benefits Management). Further work was completed to understand and map the existing client HR Capability Framework to the additional capabilities required as part of the HR Transformation occurring.
BAT is a diverse organisation geographically, linguistically and in terms of their employee workforce. To implement the HR Transformation successfully, we needed to provide change management guidance that allowed training and communications to be tailored to the needs of the end market, while maintaining alignment to the globally defined template.
- Key members of the Global Change, Training and Communications workstreams
- Development of global training materials to align to the system and process redesign (e.g Annual Salary Review, Benefits, Talent Management)
- Alignment of the HRBP Competency Framework to new capabilities required for success within the new operating model and the use of Success Factors
- Articulation of the Line Manager journey through the change, including the requirement for line managers to take on additional self-service people management actions
- Development of global communication collateral explaining: Project Vision; Raising awareness of the changes coming; Go-Live Campaign; Training Campaign; Testing Campaign; Hypercare communications
- Development of additional collateral used to achieve increased Stakeholder Engagement including: launching a change network collaboration tool for the project; maintaining a Company intranet presence; Project videos explaining the changes coming and role of the line manager moving forward; Frequently Asked Questions
- Maintaining internal project communications (project newsletter, project town-halls)
- Supporting senior leadership communications by creating digestible project content for senior leaders