Carnival Case Study
20,000 staff (1,500 on shore)
Hospitality and Entertainment
We were engaged to work with the leadership of the People Function and the Executive Team to review the capability of these business areas. This included a proposal for re-structuring.
• Poor and increasingly low NPS results from colleagues
• A real lack of purpose for the business and therefore for the function
• Limited technology and dysfunctional leadership
• New CPO-1 organisational structure
• Introduction of new roles and accountabilities
• Clarity of operating principles
• Plan and roadmap for implementation
• ‘Quick wins’ list
We began by interviewing the People Leadership and Executive Teams to establish any initial issues. We then tested these with groups of People Team employees in idea cafés, and with the On-Ship Leadership Teams.
This, combined with desktop research into the performance of the business, led to a number of hypotheses. From these, we developed a view of the roles required to lead the function into the future, including: new capabilities, such as Employee Experience, and Planning and Change. To finalise this, we developed job descriptions for all the CPO-1 roles and an accountability matrix.
Working with the employees of the functions, we identified over 20 ‘quick wins’ to transform the team. To conclude the work, we developed an implementation plan and worked with the CPO to appoint the new Leadership Team.
For further information, please contact email@example.com