Lowell Group Case Study
4,313 staff (UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Croatia, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Denmark)
We started working with Lowell to support their software selection of global people management and payroll systems. We are now working through the first implementation phase of Workday to UK and the DACH region (Germany, Austria and Switzerland).
- Lack of consistency and visibility across regions
- Multiple systems and manual off-line processes
- Inaccessibility to group wide data
- Cumbersome recruiting process in a rapidly growing company.
The results for Phase One:
- All UK and DACH employees on one HR system (Workday)
- Globally consistent processes
- Managers have visibility of their teams and are empowered to perform more self-service tasks
- Automated reporting that’s real time, accurate and group wide.
We started with discovery interviews of HR in both Germany and UK to get an understanding of the status quo, pain points and priorities for Lowell. We then drew on our expertise of the market to create a shortlist of suitable software providers. By facilitating various workshops and assessment sessions, we enabled Lowell to reach a decision on which software system was most suitable to meet their needs.
When the selection process finished, we began work on planning for the implementation of Workday – the chosen HR Software as a Service (SaaS) provider.
We have a team of experts who have been with Lowell every step of the way for their Workday implementation. Our support has included:
- Planning the rollout approach and resource requirements of the programme i.e. how each region is engaged, who is involved and when to release various functions of the system
- Working very closely with Workday’s System Integrator to imbed Lowell’s requirements into the new global processes i.e. input in design workshops, business process configuration and testing support
- Developing a service delivery model for HR that drives the success of the new global approach
- Creating a change and adoption plan ensuring all of Lowell get the most out of Workday.
Future phases will include bringing on a global payroll provider and new Workday functionality to existing regions. Stay tuned.